We are seeking a responsible candidate to join Gradiant in the field of membrane-based water treatment. In this position, you will be expected to build, test and analyze membrane systems. You will get a chance to learn about desalination and water treatment with hands on experience on bench- and pilot-scale membrane systems. Please see the following job description. If you are interested in applying please email email@example.com.
New Products Initiative Engineer
Responsibilities include but are not limited to design, build, operate and optimize bench- and pilot-scale units. Candidate will utilize knowledge and competency in hydraulics, separations and analysis to assist in cutting edge membrane research for desalination, water treatment and brine concentration. Candidate will integrate empirical data and theoretical equations into performance models for use in predicting, optimizing and controlling system performance. Successful development of these novel membrane systems could have significant benefit for global water supplies and environmental stewardship in multiple industrial and municipal sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, operate, troubleshoot and optimize membrane systems
- Design experiments to assess and optimize process performance.
- Analyze the data obtained and provide recommendations for improvements or next phases of testing.
- Diagnose and address issues that arise before and during tests.
- Work closely with membrane vendors and equipment suppliers to ensure satisfactory performance, use, and maintenance of the system components.
- Document system information, test data, results and recommendations in clear, concise reports for internal and external presentations.
- Model system performance
- Model system and validate with experimental data to achieve accurate predictive models.
- Use models to optimize system design and operation.
- Scale up system
- Assist with the design, procurement, construction and operation of lab-scale and pilot-scale systems.