Develop and support Gradiant Membrane Solutions for water treatment and desalination applications. Work with the company’s Sales, Engineering, Operations and Product Development personnel and directly with customers to design, develop and implement custom solutions with Gradiant’s technology portfolio. Assure that solutions meet customer performance requirements and Gradiant growth and profitability goals. Represent Gradiant in compliance with Company culture and standards. This is a global role and some travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct technical evaluations of customer requests, requests for information, requests for proposals, technical requirements, process descriptions, contracts, design basis and funding opportunity announcements for potential Gradiant project opportunities.
- Compile and analyze required information for customer applications including water analyses, performance requirements, regulatory requirements, site conditions and cost drivers in collaboration with the Gradiant Sales team.
- Develop water treatment system designs using tools such as membrane projections, anti-scalant projections, filtration projections, equipment performance curves, material and energy balances and applied chemistry resources in collaboration with Gradiant Process Engineering team.
- Develop capital and operating cost estimates for proposed systems in collaboration with Gradiant Process Engineering team.
- Streamline and automate design and costing platforms, on a routine basis.
- Evaluate performance data during piloting, commissioning and operation/maintenance phases of Gradiant’s projects and assist with troubleshooting in collaboration with the Gradiant Operations team.
- Obtain and evaluate intelligence on competing technologies. Generate performance analyses of Gradiant and competing technologies for marketing materials in collaboration with Gradiant Product Development and Gradiant Sales teams.
- Identify and quantify opportunities for new product development in collaboration with Gradiant Product Development and Gradiant Sales teams.
- Serve as technical representative for Gradiant products and solutions in customer sales and project meetings, workshops, webinars, conferences, etc.
- Stay abreast of best practices and industry trends.
- Positively promote a safe and healthy work environment and employ safe work practices at all times, including documenting incidents and recommending and following through on corrective actions.
- Monitor compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain efficient communication and information sharing between Gradiant Sales, Engineering, Operations and Product Development teams.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 year(s) of experience in Process, Applications or Field Service Engineering in the water industry is required
- Previous experience with membrane filtration and reverse osmosis systems is required
- Familiar with various water and wastewater technologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal/communication skills, writing and problem-solving capacities
- Reliable, well-organized and detail oriented
- Applicants must be willing to travel as and when required
- Ability to work in a high energy, start-up based environment.
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas and technical information effectively with team and customers.
- Excellent customer orientation, willingness to deal with people, be flexible and be able to meet customer demands
- Curiosity and strong drive to improve status-quo while working in a semi-autonomous environment.
- Pays attention to detail, identifies & solves complex issues.
- Shares suggestions with teams to improve quality & productivity.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.